The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section
The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section operates for unlicensed health care workers, their employers and their educators. The section manages North Carolina's registries for Nurse Aide I, Medication Aide, Geriatric Aide, and Health Care Personnel. The section regulates aide training and testing programs, and investigates workers accused of certain acts against a resident or facility. » Read More…
- New Nurse Aide I Skills Exam: Effective July 1, 2013.
The previously announced changes for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) Competency Exam will be effective beginning July 1, 2013.
This launch date has been communicated with all state-approved
Nurse Aide I Training Programs. Updated handbooks , dated July 2013, are available at the Pearson VUE website. Candidates testing prior to July 1, 2013 will continue to use the handbook dated June 2011.
- New Nurse Aide I Online Exam Scheduling beginning in December 2012: The N.C. Division of Health Service Regulation is pleased to announce that Pearson VUE will begin a new online exam scheduling system for Nurse Aide I candidates in December 2012. The price for the exam will not change.
Once in place, the following will apply:
- All Nurse Aide I exam applications will be online only
- There will be no option for paper applications
- Candidates will schedule their own exam
- All candidates will be required to have a working email address
- The registration system will accept vouchers as well as credit/debit/bank cards
In order for Pearson VUE to complete the change over to the new scheduling system, it will be necessary to suspend all exam scheduling from midnight (12 a.m., EST) December 1st through midnight (12 a.m., EST) December 9th. During this time, no new exams will be scheduled.
A change in procedure for voucher payments will also apply. Customers
who wish to use vouchers for payment should contact Pearson VUE at 888-204-6207, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., EST.
- End of Paper Notifications of Nurse Aide I and Medication Aide Registry Listing December 1, 2012. The N.C. Center for Aide Regulation and Education will no longer mail paper notifications of registry listing to newly listed aides as of December 1, 2012. Online verification of listing for newly listed individuals can still be obtained from the Verify Registry Listings page on this site.
- Notice: Matching Nurse Aide and Adult Care Home Medication Aide Names, Beginning March 2012. The N.C. Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR) Adult Care Licensure Section (ACLS) and the DHSR Center for Aide Regulation and Education (CARE) will be updating databases to match the registry names on file for Medication Aides and Nurse Aides. For aides found in both the ACLS and CARE databases, with different names/spellings, records will be updated to reflect the most recent name entered on either registry. Aides are encouraged to check their names on the registries and to report any corrections to both the Adult Care Licensure Section and CARE.
Note: this action will affect only aides listed on the Adult Care Home Medication Aide Registry who also have listings on either the Nurse Aide I Registry or Nursing Home Medication Aide Registry. It will not affect Nurse Aides or Medication Aides who are not listed with the ACLS Adult Care Home Medication Aide Registry.
Denotes link to site outside of N.C. DHHS