The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section
The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section operates for unlicensed health care workers, their employers and their educators. The section manages North Carolina's registries for Nurse Aide I, Medication Aide, Geriatric Aide, Home Care Aide and Health Care Personnel. The section regulates aide training and testing programs, and investigates workers accused of certain acts against a resident or facility. » Read More…
Due to the recent and upcoming adverse weather, there may be delays in the processing of nurse aide and medication aide renewal forms. This may be due to a delay in mail delivery and/or the office being closed according to the state’s Adverse Weather policy. All forms which have been received as of today (February 25, 2015) have been processed and updated. Anyone planning to travel to our office to bring renewal forms on Thursday and/or Friday (February 26 and 27), is asked to call to learn if the office is open. The health and safety of the public and our staff members remains our priority. We apologize for any inconvenience during this weather event.
- The Adult Care Licensure section’s testing program has been transitioned to the Health Care Personnel Registry section. All functions related to the Adult Care Medication Aide, Administrator, and Alternative testing programs have moved to the Brown building on the Dorothea Dix campus. At this time, all phone numbers and mailing addresses will remain the same. Walk-in registrations for Adult Care testing should be done at the Joseph Gill Brown Building on the Dix campus, 801 Biggs Drive, Raleigh, N.C. For all other Adult Care informational needs, please continue to contact that section at 919-855-3765. Websites are currently being updated to reflect this information for your convenience.
- 919-855-3969: Nurse Aide I Registry/Medication Aide (nursing homes)/Geriatric Aide/Home Care Aide
- 919-855-3970: Nurse Aide Training Program Information
- 919-855-3793: Adult Care Testing information
- 919-855-3765: Adult Care Home Licensure and Certification main number
- Effective May 1, 2014, verification of individuals who are listed on the North Carolina Medication Aide Registry will only be available via the N.C. Nurse Aide I web page: https://www.ncnar.org/verify_listings1.jsp. Verification via the Nurse Aide Voice Response System (919-733-7615) will no longer be available. If you have any questions contact the Center of Aide Regulation and Education Branch Registry Staff 8 a.m. - 12 noon, and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m., Monday-Friday
- Call Center Move Effective February 1, 2014. Pearson VUE transitioned to a consolidated customer call center. This one central call center handles all registration which includes:
The telephone numbers listed on the website and in the current handbooks are still active. When this transition is completed there will be one telephone number to service all calls.
- Exam eligibility application processing
- Other service related issues
Denotes link to site outside of N.C. DHHS