The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section
The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section operates for unlicensed health care workers, their employers and their educators. The section manages North Carolina's registries for Nurse Aide I, Medication Aide, Geriatric Aide, Home Care Aide and Health Care Personnel. The section regulates aide training and testing programs, and investigates workers accused of certain acts against a resident or facility. » Read More…
- For all Nurse Aide I testing candidates: The customer call center at Pearson VUE will be closed on Easter Sunday, April 20, 2014.
- Call Center Move to all North Carolina Training Programs: Effective February 1, 2014. Pearson VUE will transition to a consolidated customer call center. This one central call center will handle all registration which includes:
The telephone numbers listed on the website and in the current handbooks are still active. When this transition is completed there will be one telephone number to service all calls.
- Exam eligibility application processing
- Other service related issues
- New Nurse Aide I Skills Exam: Effective July 1, 2013.
The previously announced changes for the National Nurse Aide Assessment Program (NNAAP) Competency Exam will be effective beginning July 1, 2013.
This launch date has been communicated with all state-approved
Nurse Aide I Training Programs. Updated handbooks , dated July 2013, are available at the Pearson VUE website.
- New Nurse Aide I Online Exam Scheduling: Pearson VUE began a new online exam scheduling system for Nurse Aide I candidates in December 2012. The price for the exam did not change.
- All Nurse Aide I exam applications are online only
- There is no option for paper applications
- Candidates schedule their own exam
- All candidates are required to have a working email address
- The registration system accepts vouchers as well as credit/debit/bank cards
who wish to use vouchers for payment should contact Pearson VUE at 888-204-6207, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., EST.
- No Paper Notifications of Nurse Aide I and Medication Aide Registry Listing. The N.C. Center for Aide Regulation and Education will no longer mails paper notifications of registry listing to newly listed aides. Online verification of listing for newly listed individuals can still be obtained from the Verify Registry Listings page on this site.
Denotes link to site outside of N.C. DHHS