The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section
The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section operates for unlicensed health care workers, their employers and their educators. The section manages North Carolina's registries for Nurse Aide I, Medication Aide, Geriatric Aide, Home Care Aide and Health Care Personnel. The section regulates aide training and testing programs, and investigates workers accused of certain acts against a resident or facility. » Read More…
- UPDATE: New Listing Verification Search Parameters for Registries: Effective August 4, 2015 at 1:00 p.m.- Please note that the search criteria for obtaining listing verifications of the NC Nurse Aide I, Medication Aide, and Health Care Personnel Registries will change on August 4, 2015. Instead of full social security numbers, required data fields will include first name, last name, and last four digits of the SSN. Please note that individuals are listed using the name on their legal documents such as a driver’s license, passport, social security card, military ID, and/or other official government identification documents. It is the individual’s responsibility to contact our office to update name and address changes. Additional search tips are listed below:
- Fields are not case sensitive.
- Enter the aide’s first name (# of characters).
- Enter the aide’s last name (# of characters).
- Enter the aide’s last 4 digits of social security number.
- Use legal spelling and format of the first and last names. Do not use periods (.), apostrophes (‘), in either name field.
- If applicable, hyphens (-) must be included in both name fields.
- If applicable, suffixes (Jr, Sr, II, II., etc.) must be included in the last name field (without periods).
- The Adult Care Licensure section’s testing program has been transitioned to the Health Care Personnel Registry section. All functions related to the Adult Care Medication Aide, Administrator, and Alternative testing programs have moved to the Brown building on the Dorothea Dix campus. At this time, all phone numbers and mailing addresses will remain the same. Walk-in registrations for Adult Care testing should be done at the Joseph Gill Brown Building on the Dix campus, 801 Biggs Drive, Raleigh, N.C. For all other Adult Care informational needs, please continue to contact that section at 919-855-3765. Websites are currently being updated to reflect this information for your convenience.
- 919-855-3969: Nurse Aide I Registry/Medication Aide (nursing homes)/Geriatric Aide/Home Care Aide
- 919-855-3970: Nurse Aide Training Program Information
- 919-855-3793: Adult Care Testing information
- 919-855-3765: Adult Care Home Licensure and Certification main number
- Please note that not all nurse aide training programs in NC are state-approved and monitored for federal and state compliance. A list of state-approved nurse aide training programs is updated and published each month.
Denotes link to site outside of N.C. DHHS