The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section
The N.C. Health Care Personnel Registry Section operates for unlicensed health care workers, their employers and their educators. The section manages North Carolina's registries for Nurse Aide I, Medication Aide, Geriatric Aide, Home Care Aide and Health Care Personnel. The section regulates aide training and testing programs, and investigates workers accused of certain acts against a resident or facility. » Read More…
- Pearson VUE UPDATE 11/30/15 5:00 p.m.-Pearson VUE’s Registration and Credentialing site for the Nurse Aide I exam is now online. Candidates may go to that website and register for testing. If candidates have difficulty registering, they may contact Pearson VUE’s customer service at (855) 270-9182 or (512) 201-2203. We continue to work with Pearson VUE to obtain the necessary information to update our Nurse Aide database in order to include those individuals who have tested, but are not yet listed. All students from state-approved programs, who are scheduled to test in-facility during the week of November 30, should plan to arrive at their test location 30 minutes early with proper identification as listed in the Candidate Handbook..
- Pearson VUE Update 11/23/15 – Our office is in communication with Pearson VUE as they work to bring their Nurse Aide I Exam Registration and Scheduling system back online. We will continue post updates as we receive them. They have issued the following statement:
“We recently were made aware that an unauthorized third party placed malware on Pearson VUE’s Credential Manager System—which is used by adult learners to support professional certifications and licenses. The unauthorized third party improperly accessed certain information related to a limited set of our users. Our analysis to date indicates that this issue is isolated to Pearson VUE’s Credential Manager System. There is no indication that other systems have been affected. We are still assessing the scope of the specific data elements involved. As of now, we do not believe that U.S. Social Security numbers or full payment card information were affected by this issue. Because the Credential Manager System is custom designed to fit specific customer requirements, we are working to understand how this issue may have affected each of our customers. We have also set up a toll-free number to assist users with any questions or concerns they may have: (855) 270-9182 or (512) 201-2203 for international users. Customer privacy is a top priority for us and we take this responsibility very seriously. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. “
Due to the nature of the current situation, individuals who tested and passed the NNAAP® NC Nurse Aide Competency Exam after November 12 cannot be verified via our website, www.ncnar.org. We are currently working with Pearson VUE to identify an alternative method for verifying these listings with written confirmation to the provider.
- New Listing Verification Search Parameters for Registries: Effective during the month of July, 2015- Please note that the search criteria for obtaining listing verifications of the NC Nurse Aide I, Medication Aide, and Health Care Personnel Registries will change. Instead of full social security numbers, required data fields will include first name, last name, and last four digits of the SSN. Please note that individuals are listed using the name on their legal documents such as a driver’s license, passport, social security card, military ID, and/or other official government identification documents. It is the individual’s responsibility to contact our office to update name and address changes.
- The Adult Care Licensure section’s testing program has been transitioned to the Health Care Personnel Registry section. All functions related to the Adult Care Medication Aide, Administrator, and Alternative testing programs have moved to the Brown building on the Dorothea Dix campus. At this time, all phone numbers and mailing addresses will remain the same. Walk-in registrations for Adult Care testing should be done at the Joseph Gill Brown Building on the Dix campus, 801 Biggs Drive, Raleigh, N.C. For all other Adult Care informational needs, please continue to contact that section at 919-855-3765. Websites are currently being updated to reflect this information for your convenience.
- 919-855-3969: Nurse Aide I Registry/Medication Aide (nursing homes)/Geriatric Aide/Home Care Aide
- 919-855-3970: Nurse Aide Training Program Information
- 919-855-3793: Adult Care Testing information
- 919-855-3765: Adult Care Home Licensure and Certification main number
- Please note that not all nurse aide training programs in NC are state-approved and monitored for federal and state compliance. A list of state-approved nurse aide training programs is updated and published each month.
Denotes link to site outside of N.C. DHHS